Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blog #4

My big idea is family! I am not just focusing on the nuclear, but trying to show that people other than blood relatives can be considered part of one’s family. I went through the process of searching through all of the hundreds of pictures I had on my camera, computer and photo albums. I looked at all of the tons of photos I had of my mom, dad, sister, grandma, and pops and so on. I also had thousands of pictures with my best friend, other friends, co-workers, class mates and other people. I then thought through my head of different ways that I can portray who I view as my family, but still showing the viewers that not everyone may consider these people my family. I then sat down with my boyfriend and had him look at the two different pieces and help me come up with ways to maybe make the family portion stick out or who is not family stick out.
I searched the web for images of family portraits, just family and what people defined it as, also I was just interested to see what types of images and words came up that were said to be related to family. One of the photoshop techniques I will be focusing on is the contrast and brightness.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your big idea because like I previously mentioned I think most people consider family members as being people who are outside of the nuclear. I also think that if you use contrast and brightness in the right manner, you can get your big idea across. Although it may be a little challenging because people will not know by just looking at a picture that who you are highlighting is either in your nuclear or an "outside member" so you will have to somehow distinguish that as well!

    ReplyDelete