Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FINAL ARTIST STATEMENT!!!!!



My big idea is family! I am not just focusing on the nuclear, but trying to show that people other than blood relatives can be considered part of one’s family. I went through the process of searching through all of the hundreds of pictures I had on my camera, computer and photo albums. I looked at all of the tons of photos I had of my mom, dad, sister, grandma, and pops and so on. I also had thousands of pictures with my best friend, other friends, co-workers, class mates and other people. I then thought through my head of different ways that I can portray who I view as my family, but still showing the viewers that not everyone may consider these people my family. I then sat down with my boyfriend and had him look at the two different pieces and help me come up with ways to maybe make the family portion stick out or who is not family stick out.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you use the idea of family but then extend it to other family members. I, myself, when I think of family I think of all of my extended relatives, not just my mom, dad, and sister. I have not seen your project yet so I am excited to see how you were able to portray this. You bring up a good point that some people may not think friends, etc are a part of "family" but then there are those people who did see it that way. For example, one of my friends calls one of her good family friends "Uncle Don" so it is all very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you played with the idea of "family". It's a term that can be used in many different contexts, and you further prove this by example. A cohort can be a family too :P
    The use of black and white is a great way to focus the viewers attention. But as others said, it might be confusing to those who aren't sure what you're trying to say.

    ReplyDelete