Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blog #3

I enjoy Nicki Minaj as an artist! A great female artist:)






Why does this artist appeal to you? Nicki Minaj appeals to me because of her individuality and her drive. She is very determined to be her own artist and her own person. She lets nothing stop her or bring her down. She is just awesome.
What are the Big Ideas in their work? Her big idea would be to try and set the ways for female rappers and to become a self made woman in a predominantly man industry.
What do you find inspiring about the work? Her work is inspiring because it is real. She is herself and she believes in herself and is trying to do great things for women who want to become rappers.

Nicki Minaj photos: Google Images.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5rqBA2xxTI



1. An artist that I absolutely love is Eminem, yes the rapper!








Why does this artist appeal to you? Eminem appeals to me because of the sound of his music and specific type. I know a lot of people find his lyrics degrading to women or just obscene but I tend to enjoy them. The beats that go along with the lyrics pull it all together to make some awesome music!
What are the Big Ideas in their work? Eminem’s big idea is all about identity and showing the world his true self is and expressing himself through his lyrics and sounds. Through his free style he can just let everything off his chest and his emotions

What do you find inspiring about the work? Eminem’s work inspires me because of the true emotions he lets out during his performances or recordings. He is so real and never afraid of letting the world know who he really is and letting the world see who he really is.
4. Eminem Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSdKmX2BH7o
Eminem Photos: Google Images

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Nicki Minaj is pretty sweet. Not only a female that is paving the way in the rap world but she is also such a fashionista!
    How are you going to use their inspiration and their work in your work? I think identity and these artists are most definitely related, obviously they are not afraid to hide who they truly are. They tell millions of people everyday through their music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the comparison of these two artists. Even thought I don't know either of them any better than the average person (and so, I'm not really a "fan") I get the feeling that they are both very individual. I can see this by the video of "We made you" and it's implications of other being fake. However, Nicki seems to reinforce here individuality not be talking about others, but by talking about herself.

    ReplyDelete