Monday, February 21, 2011

Midterm Project!!!





Artist Statement: My big idea is identity and how people are scared or unsure about showing the world their true identity because they do not want people to think less of them. Also people are scared to get their true identity judged by their peers. The big idea is about what everyone’s true identity is. I explored hidden identity, true identity, masked identity, and self when thinking through the project. I looked on google images and flickr over and over seeing what new images came up and used those to inspire me and lead me to the direction I am at now. Some of the visual cues that I have used to explore showing your true identity is showing how the world can hide who one truly is or make the person scared, shy or timid about letting it out. Then it shows how great and beautiful ones self feels when one can finally let it out and show everyone their true self. Not being afraid to show ones true identity or just figuring out what ones true identity is is important because without this knowledge one is denying themselves great opportunities. One must know who they are in order to become truly happy, satisfied, or accomplished in one’s lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of "showing your true identity", and the contrast of these two images. The second image seems darker, and scarier, while the first image is bright and happy. My suggestion is to use the transform tool to make the flowers seem less distorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I really like the world and the hidden faces in the world. When I first saw that I thought of your big idea even before I read your artist statement.

    2) You did a really nice job with your selections and making them look "smooth" by using different techniques..great, great job!

    Suggestions:

    1) I already mentioned that when I looked at your second picture I thought the people in the grass were still sad and the people in the sky were happy because the flowers make a "division" and the girl in the bottom left hand corner looks sad, so somehow make it look like they all made it to their happy place.

    2) I would maybe take out the baby face in the first one because I liked how all of the other faces are kind of secretive and unknown and masked and I think the little boys face changes the dimensions of it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete